Friday, August 24, 2007

Fini!

Here are the capris I made for the Scientist. They're a little baggier than I like them, but she likes them that way, so... Also the fabric is a little stretchy; it has some Lycra in it. I wish I could remember where I bought the fabric; it's very nice.

Next, I need to work on my pair. They'll take a little more time, being more fitted with a waistband and zipper. I just made pull-on ones for the Scientist; she needs more clothes so badly I wanted something I could throw together quickly.

We've done pretty well on homeschooling this week. The Scientist is in 6th grade this year, Wildchild is in 3rd. I suppose they'll get bored soon but for now they're almost glad to have something to do. It's so terribly humid outside that they don't really want to be out playing right now anyway.

3 comments:

Consecutive Odds said...

Those are super cute!

Unknown said...

you can find it at Joann's....
:)

Unknown said...

I have a daughter who's fifth grade, but doing sixth grade work in everything but math. My baby is in third grade (but some of the stuff she does is 2nd grade level). I also have an 8th grade boy. This is my 4th year homeschooling. I know what you mean about nothing is as important as your family and home-projects. That's the way I want it to be, but my family is all close and I feel bad if I'm not accessible to them at all times. I love being close to family, but it's tough sometimes. Anyway, I sure hope you have a good year and those capris are so cute!