Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Electronic Addiction

Like Marie, I've been having computer problems lately. DH has been working on putting something together for me out of salvaged computer pieces parts. He provides all the computer tech support around here. In the meantime, I've been going through withdrawal, not having access to a computer except when I borrow my husband's computer at night. Not only do I use it for blogging and reading other people's blogs, but I keep in touch with people via email, and I also love to shop online. I can find things online I can't find anywhere else, I can save time by looking at what's available online before I go to a store, I don't have to drag my daughters out shopping, the conveniences of online shopping are many. I've bought and sold things on ebay. I can also research things online, like the research I'm doing for the upcoming Lutheran Carnival, which will go up on time despite any technical difficulties! I think I'm really addicted to my computer!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I realized how addicted I've gotten when it *really* bothered me to be without a computer for three days while we went to the CCA symposium last week.
(We usually take Bethany's laptop, but it was being worked on.)

Susan B. said...

I was having problems with my PC, too. It would hang up before booting up...I mean I would turn it on and the BIOS would not even run. Or sometimes it would hang in the middle of going through the BIOS stuff. Or it would hang soon after loading Windows. The thing is, it was getting worse and worse a couple of weeks ago, but now it has stopped giving me problems. Weird.

Marie N. said...

Hi Barb, We think we have a diagnosis. We ordered a part to see if we can just replace it without having to replace the whole computer. We should know by next week.

Marie N. said...

Happy fingers on a foreign (to me) keyboard got the better of me. I didn't get to finish by telling you I hope your PC problems are soon remedied as well.

Elephantschild said...

I've given up finding homeschooling support & friends 'round here; my friends live in the computer. I live in fear of the day my much upgraded seven year old system bites the dust... to quote someone else, "my head may explode and blood may shoot out of my eyes." (Hee, hee, hee.)