Monday, June 25, 2007

Bad Man, Good Man

So once again, a man is charged with two counts of murder in the death of the mother of his child (or children) and the death of an unborn child. When will it strike people as incongruent that right now an unborn child's death being called murder or not murder depends only on the desires of the mother? The mother's feelings change nothing about whether or not the unborn child is a living, feeling human creature. Shouldn't that be what matters? As an aside, it's pretty sad that Bobby Cutts Jr. is only believed to be the father of the unborn child he is accused of murdering. Did the mother not know who the father was, or had the father simply not stepped up and taken responsibility for this child?

On a happier note, my husband brought home a little gift for each of us from his business trip. He looked through an antique prints store for me, not only knowing what era of fashion I am most interested in, but also whether or not the prints he found would be interesting to me (they wouldn't have been.) Isn't he a great guy? I got a pair of earrings instead, made of green crystallized volcanic ash from Mt. St. Helen's. My first pair of earrings since I got my ears pierced!

2 comments:

skatey katie said...

love the sound of your earrings barb... oh and i've been meaning to ask ya.. did the girls go ok making their bracelets??? i am hoping that the elastic worked out, otherwise i can send you some instructions for my preferred method... X

Consecutive Odds said...

Don't you love it when they do that sort of thing! Those earrings sound cool! Do we get to see pictures?