Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yesterday

I had a very full day yesterday! My sister-in-law came in to town and spent the whole day with us. We had wanted to go to the Monet exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art, but the museum is closed on Mondays (!*@!), so we went to the Children's Museum instead. The girls did have a great time there, probably more so than if we had gone to the Monet exhibit. They got to play with water, and learned about water wheels and locks.


They got to climb.


They got to be weather forecasters on TV.

They got to grocery shop and check out.


They got to drive a bus and fly a rocketship.


Among other things.

We joined my husband for lunch at his office, then hung out at a mall for a while, then joined my other sister-in-law and a friend and co-worker of hers for dinner, with my husband, at the fat fish blue restaurant in downtown Cleveland. The Scientist tried crawfish for the first time, and liked them. Wildchild and I are not big on seafood. However, my sister-in-law's friend got an awesome dessert called a Carpetbagger. It is chocolate poured into a paper bag mold, then filled with cake, whipped cream and fresh fruit, and chilled. It makes quite a sight when they bring it to the table. Yum!

5 comments:

Marie N. said...

Sounds like a great field trip!
And good dessert too -- I'm glad you had the photo or I would not have been able to picture it.

The Hen (Charity) said...

I would have been pooped after such a busy day. Our Children's museum is always closed on Mondays. Once, while I lived in Germany, a friend and I traveled to Koln to see the measums. You know what? It was a Monday and they were closed. Note to self: do not try to go to the museum on Monday.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Charity, I didn't know you were in Germany! I visited my relatives in Wuppertal, which is near Köln, and we went to see the cathedral there on Christmas Day!

The Hen (Charity) said...

I love that cathedral. When I first saw it my mouth just hung open. It is so huge. It made more of an impression on me than the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. I bet it was lovely to see it on Christmas.

Jane said...

When we were in Florence--on a Monday--the Uffizi was closed so we missed seeing it.

Just another reason to go back.:)