Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rest in Peace


Today a local community near me, Avon, Ohio, mourns the death of Cleveland Heights Police Officer Jason West, who was killed in the line of duty last Friday. I had to run errands this morning in Avon, and took the picture above of luminaries lining the sidewalk outside an Avon school, which incidentally has the day off, as do all schools in Avon. I also saw police officers arriving from all over for the funeral, one car from as far away as Niagara Falls, New York. I am glad that the family left behind has hope in Christ and the support of his brother police officers to see them through this difficult time, and I pray for them.

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

This whole story is profoundly sad. Your photo is touching.

Gino A Melone said...

There were MANY police cars and motorcycles headed that way while I was driving towards downtown this morning. I saw at least 30-40 in the 12-15 mile stretch I was on I-90.