Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Just Checking In

I've been wanting to post pictures from the Blogger's Ice Cream Ministry over the weekend, but the pictures aren't online yet, so I'll just give you a random thought or two to tide you over. :)

Okay, the Indians lost to the Cubs last night. I haven't heard anyone else's take on it, but for me? The season is Officially Over. It's hard to pin down what went wrong though. We have several quality players. Grady Sizemore rocks, Travis Hafner is an excellent DH and I don't think he was that horrible at his stint at first base. Victor went through a slump, but every player does. I'll agree Peralta hasn't been the best shortstop he could be, and Jason Johnson needs to get on the first bus for Triple A, period.

I'm not a pastor, so I can say that I am so tired of the antics of particular members of the Missouri Synod. The Synod has been compared to the Titanic, and from that point of view, I see myself sitting in a lifeboat, staring at how low the large vessel is in the water, and hoping and praying more people can get off before she cracks in half and goes down. I'm such a cynic, or as I prefer to call it, a realist, that I guess something like this was inevitable. Human institutions can never last. All the more reason to hold to what will, the Cross of Christ. Only the death and resurrection of my Lord and Savior will keep me safe.

I'm glad to see so many of the fathers out there had a good Father's Day. On the other hand, it's sad to discover more families have experienced brokenness over the years. But as a pastor put it to me, Christ can make all things new, and He keeps guiding my little family into loving fellowship. Thank God for all the understanding people He has brought into our lives. May He bring human fellowship and comfort to everyone who needs it.

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

My poor Tribe! The best descriptor I heard a few days ago, "They are circling the drain."

I've noticed a mid 1980's feeling come over me when I tune in. If we are leading in the 6th, we have time to blow the lead.

But I still love them and love to listen :-)

Synod--your first line said it all. I'm thankful for this internet to help us keep in touch with like minded people all over the country and world. How long will it be before the ?CMS is having the same debates as the Episcopalians and Presbyterians.

Rick said...

Marie N. says:

How long will it be before the ?CMS is having the same debates as the Episcopalians and Presbyterians.

The Quipper says:

10-15 years, if not sooner. A good pastor I know says so.

Regarding the Tribe: bring up the kids and see if they can play!!!