Sunday, January 18, 2009

January, Higher Still

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was on television last night, and I really empathized with the scenes where the girls were singing about all the months of cold and snow. The weather has gotten warmer (relatively) here, but that just meant that it became warm enough for us to get a few more inches of snow. The roads were not so great driving to church this morning; we came very close to being involved in an accident with other cars. As in, I think the cars ahead of us were braking because an SUV was sliding across three lanes of traffic kind of close. As in the drivers were just getting out of their cars as we drove by kind of close.

I'm working on a knitted bib for my niece, but I got kind of stuck on that and so I got tired of it for awhile. I'm knitting a striped dishcloth from this book, still trying to knit that fluffy scarf, and considering what else I can knit.

I haven't been doing sewing as I'd like to do. It's easier to knit; I can do it while watching television or while the Dancer is at dance class. Sewing takes up bigger pockets of time, even if I only do a step or two at a time. Plus, it's easier for me to get interrupted in the middle of knitting, and with two girls at home all day, interruptions happen. Mr. BTEG's car is going into the shop this week, so hopefully I won't be driving him to work much longer, which hopefully will free up more time for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm the same way with scrapbooking. It doesn't take up big pockets of time like painting or working on my novel. But I'm even out of step with that these days. I know what you mean about the weather. But it's almost February, right? Then March and it gets kinda warmer in April, then May and it WILL be warmer by then. Only three months to go, Barb! (Hey, I'm trying to think on the positive side...not easy here in wintery Indiana!)

skatey katie said...

oh we love SBFSB -
BLESS your beautiful hi-i-ide, wherever you may BE.....
etc.
i think we need a re-watch X