Thursday, January 22, 2009

Downers

I was feeling awfully blue yesterday. So much so that I burst into tears last night. I think only having one car is really wearing on me. We were going to take Mr. BTEG's car in to be repaired, but would you believe that a place with "Auto Body and Frame" in its title doesn't, actually, work on frames? Now we have to find someplace else who will take on the job.

We're hoping to move in late spring, but I don't know where we're going to move, and that wears on me also. Of course there's still a lot of time ahead, but I like having things planned and settled out. Also, it may not be practical to stay in this area, and I love it here. I've lived most of my life on the west side of Cleveland, and I'm very attached to it. I'm sure if we move, we'll find someplace nice, but I don't enjoy the uncertainty of having nothing specific to plan for and look forward to.

The Dancer, especially, misses our cat, Champ. She had more of a bond to him than any other cat in our household. He had a special bond with the rest of us as well. Losing a pet is always hard, but we didn't expect to lose him at such a relatively young age.

I'm trying to soak up as much sunlight as I can. I think it's been an unusually sunny winter, albeit also unusually cold and snowy. I'm trying anything I can to keep my spirits up.

6 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Houses are cheap here! :)

debbie said...

i know of a house you could buy!! ;o) No really! I do! It has this wonderful new heat/Ac unit. and as soon as the ice melts it will have a nice new door....tempting?? It has potential...

Lutheran Lucciola said...

I'm so sorry you have such troubles! The winter will go away soon, that I know. I wish I knew the area you are in better. No foreclosures you can snag?

We got plenty of them here in California if you want sun and...well...a bad state for other things. ;-(

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

I'm sorry that you have been down lately. I know that things like moving can be stressful. Even moving to another house in the same town is immensely stressful. I hope that wherever you move to, it will be nice and sunny.

I've been down myself. I finally got over the various illnesses and injuries that have plagued me for the past couple of months and now I'm just mentally exhausted. That's why I've been scarce lately.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm pretty sure we will be able to find someplace to live; it's just the waiting on it that's hard. It's far too early to be looking now. But I want to have stuff nailed down... I'm impatient, I guess.

EC, I know Mr. BTEG would not like the gun laws in Illinois. I'm sure you and MM and Sparkle Kitty would be a hoot to have for neighbors, though.

Debbie -- LOL.

LuLu, I'm sure there will be plenty of foreclosures around here, sadly. CA *is* a nice place to visit, but....

Susan, I hope you are taking good care of yourself!

debbie said...

come to the east side.....lol
really! it would solve your problem and ours! lol We need a bigger house, you need a house. :o) Could i temp you with including a nice hot Oven, a huge washer and dryer? ;o)