Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Zion Lutheran, Cleveland, Ohio

Stained glass windows are currently a popular topic! I wish I had more photos of the beautiful interior of Zion Lutheran Church in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, but I'll share the two I have, anyway.

This is Zion's altar, and you can see the baptismal font in front of it. This is the font where I received new life in Christ many years ago. Perhaps why this church is a favorite of mine.

And here is the only picture of a stained glass window from the church that I have. I thought I had more, but alas, no. There are also very nice painted murals on some of the walls, as I recall, but no pics of those either! :( Oh well.

6 comments:

~Kathy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Marie N. said...

I can see why you like them so much. They look almost like paintings! I love the scrollwork above the figures too.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Barb! These are breathtaking!! I also wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!! Have a blessed one, and you are all in my prayers! I especially hope that all will go well with your family members! Love ya!

Jane said...

Lovely windows. I'll have to get some pictures of ours to put up.

chaplain7904 said...

Beautiful. This church is a real gem and treasure. May it rise again.

Kelly Klages said...

Maybe I should do a post on CLEAR with a collection of some of these great stained glass pics...