Friday, December 08, 2006

Money and Stuff

First, let's have a little fun and talk about stuff, in particular, this cool item, which will be on every geek's must-have list. Wasn't it cool not that long ago to have a phone the size of a credit card?? Retro is the new black, baby.

Now to more serious conversation. I've been thinking about money and what it means in this world, and to Christians. Yes, the love of money can lead to troubles and unhappiness. But not having money can lead to troubles also. Like not having a functioning automobile, although we have been blessed with a temporary automobile on loan from some kind church friends. I know very well that having a great deal of money is not a guarantee of happiness. In some cases it makes people unhappier. It's just a little difficult at the moment wishing we had the money to do things like maintain a car properly, but still keep money in its correct place.

3 comments:

~Kathy~ said...

Love the phone! I remember the real deals. I even remember my grandparents phone number as something like: BRD405. I'm old, aren't I? LOL!

I totally agree with you on the money stuff.

Presbytera said...

I guess I'm not a geek -- it won't be on my list. Wait a minute, I don't even have a list!

Is this on Gino's list?

Des_Moines_Girl said...

I hear ya Barb. We had a pre Christmas surprise in the form of a $900 car repair bill this week. Christmas is never lavish around here but with bills like that it really puts a damper on things... :-(