Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday Fun

Today there was an open house at my husband's place of employ, American Greetings, to show off all the new work that has been done in the building, especially the new American Greetings card shop, and a Starbucks, with an attractive plaza in between. The kids got to do lots of activities; there was actually more going on then I thought there would be. Some of the Schreiber clan came with us, which is why I have no pictures right now, as we forgot our camera and I left the picture taking up to the Die-Hard Equestrian.

To answer Kathy's question, my (future) husband and I were in Berlin early in December of 1989. I will provide pictures and more details later, as well of some of the other places we went and some of the Christmas-y aspects of our trip. Since we were students at the time, it was easier to get into East Berlin and other areas of then-East Germany, such as Leipzig and Dresden. We also got some pieces from the Berlin Wall.

2 comments:

~Kathy~ said...

How neat! Gosh, you were students? We were about to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniv. just about 2 months after you were there!
We want to go back when the dc are late teens and see where all we lived and really tour the former East, where we could not visit freely. Wish our landlady was still alive, but I believe she died several years back. She was like a real grandma to us.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Well, we were college students, at least! I was twenty-one; DH-to-be was nineteen. I'd like to go back sometime, if Mark Steyn's predictions don't come horribly true.