Monday, July 17, 2006

Wilting

The heat is only part of why I'm feeling down. I have some things to work out that seem impossible to solve. I also have things to do that I don't feel up to doing.

My bright spot: there was a little celebration of my birthday at the party on Saturday hosted by Homestead Lutheran Academy and the Quipper. I got a lovely homemade card and there was a yummy cake. It especially meant a lot to me because I am currently not talking to the sister who shares my birthday. After getting the encouragement and support I needed I was finally able to break away from the family members who only hurt me. Even when they try to get in touch with me, it's never "We miss you." It's always "You need us." Well, I am slowly growing happier and having more self-confidence without them. But on occasions like my birthday it just feels a bit strange still. So I appreciated the gestures people made for me.

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the party and the surprise!

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

Who needs family when you have a perfectly good Church family, who loves and supports you.

Rick said...

Barb,

It was good to have you and your family with us on Saturday. I'm happy you enjoyed your birthday surprise.

No family is perfect. Mrs. Quipper and I both have relatives that engage in the old soap opera "As The Stomach Churns". We do our best to keep our senses when they lose theirs.

Quipper

skatey katie said...

yo barb
h-a-p-p-y b-i-r-t-h-d-a-y to Y-O-U !!!!!
sorry i'm late, but birthdays are meant to last at least a week i think :o)
loads of love to you xx