Sunday, July 30, 2006

Progress

I wanted to show you how I'm doing on the doll outfit I'm creating. So here's a picture of Josephine, a 16-inch doll, wearing the petticoat I made for her, and a muslin, or trial version, of the top and the sleeve patterns I was working on. The trial version helped me make the pattern look the way I want, and I've started the actual top. I'm not ready to show it though.

Wildchild and her friend the Princess, and the Princess' mother and I, went to see Barbie: Live in Fairytopia Friday night. It was a very fun, girlie time. Of course, we had to stop at Handel's on the way home, so it was just an overall lovely evening. So, is the Princess' mother, the Queen? Long live their Majesties!

6 comments:

Admin said...

I like those puffy sleeves! She's cute! I can't really suggest an outfit. She's pre-flapper, so perhaps she'd wear a beige dress. I have a flapper dress from the 20's--it's dark cranberry with black lace. It's rather large on me, but it's still fun to wear.

Marie N. said...

I love those costumes. How neat that you design the clothing yoruself!

Lutheran Lucy said...

Barb, this is so beautiful! God has given you a great gift to sew!! Are you going to sell this outfit?

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I am going to sell the outfit as soon as I get it done!

skatey katie said...

barb,
soz, late to this: i saw the pix the other day but forgot to comment (very unlike me. i know.)
you are a sewing-ligend girl.
lookin forward to seeing photos of the finished outfit...

skatey katie said...

er, that's LEGEND lol