Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'd Like to Be...Under the Sea

Okay, I have to tell Scottius Maximus why the song Octopus's Garden reminds me of Legoland. It's a silly reason, really, but a good memory. Dh's college roommate and our good friend got married in 2001 in California. Dh was a groomsman, the Scientist was the flowergirl. So of course we had to see the sights while we were out there, and one of the places we visited was Legoland. One of the rides was a lovely little boat ride past all kinds of Lego creations, and the last thing we passed was this band, playing, you guessed it: Octopus's Garden.

So now I can't hear the song without picturing this scene. But it was great fun. I'll leave you with more pictures from that ride. I hope this poor guy doesn't fall in!

The Taj Mahal - made of Lego brand building blocks.

NYC - made of Lego brand building blocks. It took us a while after leaving Legoland to adjust to everything not being made of Lego brand building blocks.

3 comments:

Lutheran Lucy said...

That's neat Barb! :)

Scottius Maximus said...

I was going to guess it had something to do with your good friend's California wedding in 2001...

Seriously, though, that's pretty cool. The pictures are awesome. There are very few places in this world I would like to travel to see. But Legoland would now have to be one of them. Awesome.

Presbytera said...

In Downtown Disney in Orlando, there is a Lego Imagination Center. They have a sea monster in the water. His head and several humps are poking out of the water. They also have a family with pets taking pictures all built out of Legos. If I find the pictures, I'll post them to my blog.