Sunday, April 16, 2006

At the End of the Day

I'm tired. The girls' Easter dresses came out fairly well although we didn't take any pictures yet. We didn't really do a lot here. Church, lunch out, and the girls and my husband colored eggs this evening. That was about it, oh, and little gifts for the girls and chocolate for all of us! I'm glad my daughters enjoyed the day. I suppose I put too much pressure on myself in the process, but I want them to enjoy their childhood. Not that they will look back and say it was perfect, but that they have happy memories, as well as a foundation for a healthy adult life.

My ten-year-old daughter is looking more and more "grown-up"! It's strange, because I know really she is still fairly young. I remember my own youth and immaturity at that age, and tell myself she has four more years of grade school, let alone four years of high school after that. But sometimes she looks practically like an adult to me, and I feel like she is almost ready to leave home, and there's still so much I want to teach and do and share with her! My husband, on the other hand, panics because it won't be long before she starts attracting the interest of teenage boys. Ah well. At least homeschooling certainly gives us a lot of time together, as well as hopefully a better chance of weeding out those "unsuitable suitors." :)

I hope all of you enjoyed the day. I'd better get to bed before I fall asleep at the keyboard.

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

I wanted to tell you the choir sounded great -- I'm glad people who can sing (not me) make a more beautiful serivce for those of us who cannot.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you, Marie. I wasn't there for the Hallelujah Chorus, though. :(