Monday, March 27, 2006

You Know You Grew Up in Northeast Ohio When...


you know the four seasons: Winter, Almost Winter, Still Winter and Construction! Ha. Still, the crocuses are blooming in my front yard, and the robins and Canadian geese are back. Since spring is here, can summer be far behind? So what do you look forward to about summer? I look forward to going to Cedar Point, Roller Coaster Capital of the World, on America's Roller Coast! I look forward to not having to wear a heavy coat everywhere. At least we did not have a lot of snow this winter, so I got to skip the boots. I look forward to once again seeing neighbors who have spent the winter holed up inside, like we did! And at the risk of having a bunch of you showing up here a lot this summer, I am looking forward to swimming in our pool. It's not enormous, but big enough to hold several adults or a lot of kids. I float on a raft, and the kids splash and play. Ahhhh.

What I am not looking forward to about summer: being in church without air-conditioning. And feeling sorrier still for our pastors in full robes and other clerical garb. I still like going to church though!

2 comments:

Lutheran Lucy said...

Barb, we know people in our congregations who have gone to Cedar Pt. and loved it! Hopefully you will be experiencing spring-like weather very soon! Spring is my favorite season, but I do love all of the seasons. I actually wish we could have some of your snow during our winters. We do not get the big snows like we did when I was growing up. Oh well! Hopefully you will have a cool summer!!

I am enjoying your blog!! Thanks for the link!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Lucy, Cedar Point is only about 45 minutes from our house, so it's a fun place to visit during the summer. Next winter I'll send some snow down to you!