Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Breaking Bread

Soooooooooo tired. Spent most of the day buying food and preparing a meal for a church dinner before Lenten service. Very enjoyable. My husband and I like to aim for high quality when buying food for a meal to share with others. We went to the West Side Market for fresh fruit, bratwurst, and sauerkraut, then went to Little Italy for sandwich rolls and a big tray of cookies. I fried close to three pounds of bacon for German potato salad and baked beans. All worth it though. I enjoy eating good food, I enjoy serving people I care about good food, and I enjoy breaking bread with friends.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I heard it was quite the success. Wish I was there...

:-)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wish you were too. We had a good time at lunch today.