Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Revenge. Giants. Monsters. Chases. Escapes. True love. Miracles.


With thanks to Laura, I discovered that the Princess Bride has been re-released on DVD this week, with new extras, in a special twentieth anniversary edition. Suh-weet! And also thanks to Laura, look how you can still read the title if you flip the box! I think we definitely need this for Beer, Brats and Bride next year. What is BB&B, you ask? It's a time-honored tradition wherein a group of Lutheran homeschooling moms (called Martin Loopers) gather in various locales on a Saturday in September at 4 PM to drink beer, eat brats and watch the Princess Bride. Twentieth anniversary, though? I'm getting old.

7 comments:

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Awesome movie!!! I'll have to look for the DVD.

Consecutive Odds said...

You forgot to mention: mairwedge.

skatey katie said...

true love and miracles alright.
loopy loopers lol.
have a fab time, btw what is *brats*... i have the *sausage* word lurking in the back of my brain?? X

Unknown said...

after all these years..for the first tine i used a PB line in my daily life...i think Em marked it on the calendar.

Unknown said...

The BB&B sounds so cool! I wish I could come. I love beer and Princess Bride, but am just so-so on brats. I'm sure you have alternatives though! That movie cover is so neat!

Gino A Melone said...

Yep, Kate, brat is short for bratwurst, a kind of sausage.

Debbie, you'll have to tell me about it!

Miss Sniz, the next BB&B is not until September, so you have time to find a Looper near you. ;) I don't like brats, or beer. I guess I'm not a very good German.

Laura said...

I'm so glad I could let you know about this!

For those who don't yet own it on DVD, one review I read suggests that the previously released "Special Edition" has better extras, as it had a commentary and the new 20th anniversary edition doesn't. Just FYI! Your viewing tradition sounds great. :)

Best wishes,
Laura