Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Babylon, via Deutschland

Imagine that all that stuff I did when I was young might actually have some use someday! Well, in school we are studying ancient history, and I have a map of Mesopotamia for class. I noticed the design at the top of the map and realized it was inspired by the Ishtar Gate in Babylon. Wait, I've seen the Ishtar Gate reconstructed at the Pergamon Museum in Berlin! Hey, I can show my pictures to the girls! Maybe they will be impressed that their mommy has seen it. Well, I can always dream, can't I? Hopefully these pics will at least help reinforce the lesson. I'd like to share some with you.



3 comments:

Marie N. said...

Very nice! Thanks for posting them.

Missed you at latin today.

Presbytera said...

Those were beautiful. I can almost imagine I've been to Babylon -- not that I ever wanted to go there : )

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Yeah, I'm not big on the idea of going to Babylon either.

Marie, missed you at Latin today too. I hope I can work out my problems with my health, or whatever's going on.