Monday, August 01, 2011

I Want My MTV

I was just about to start my eighth grade year when MTV debuted. It was the coolest thing ever! I hadn't remembered the MTV logo flashing on the moon flag, but I found that so awesome back then. Now so much of it looks so cheesy! The open shirt on Mark Goodman! Oooh, edgy!

Sirius Radio already features four of the original MTV VJs as the hosts of the 80's on 8 channel. They did a tribute show today, playing the songs in order as the videos appeared on TV. They also had guests in like Pat Benatar. The reactions of the VJs ranged from "Good times, good times" to "I can't believe we played this dreck." After hearing Nina Blackwood back then versus Nina today, I also think she's smoked about two packs a day since then. Here then, is the first ten minutes of MTV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I missed this the first time around.

My parents didn't have cable, so I had to watch it at the neighbors' house. :)

Yay, Martha Quinn!

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

Too bad JJ Jackson's dead, otherwise he'd have a show also.

I think you listen to 80s on 8 like I listen to 70s on 7.