Monday, January 14, 2008

Time Flies

It seems just yesterday it was the New Year, full of hopes and plans, and now here we are two weeks in. Do you feel that you are what you accomplish? I've been doing all right with the big things, housework, homeschooling and exercise. I just always want to be Superwoman and fit a huge list of things in everyday, and that part isn't happening. I did some doll sewing this weekend as a break from people sewing, and I felt so much better once I'd done that, just because I did something I wanted to do and had something concrete to show for my time.

Do you ever envy women in the "olden days" that seemed to have endless projects to do with their hands during idle moments - tatting lace, embroidering doilies, monogramming household linen, or even knitting socks? I don't feel much of a need for doilies all over the house, but I'd like to have something to do with my "idle moments" so I can feel like I've accomplished more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess what I envy is that while they had work from sun up till sun down, they had little daily stress. I think I would trade stress for work. But then there is the lack of central heat and air-conditioning, microwaves, indoor plumbing, grocery stores down the street, oranges in winter...

skatey katie said...

yeah. and movies. no movies.
but there might be servants....??
*grin* X

Lutheran Lucciola said...

I have thought about this lately also. Take the good parts of the old, and add to the good parts of the new, kind of like the simple life movement.

This month is going so fast, I agree!