Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Days Are Filled

Wildchild has two dance classes a week and I'm getting her back into Girl Scouts. The Scientist has Latin once a week at our pastor's, will be starting horse riding lessons, she wants to volunteer at a local animal shelter, and I'm looking into getting her in 4-H. Plus I have teaching the two of them. We don't have as much of a school routine as I'd like, yet, but I'm feeling more on top of things than I have for a long time. I'm getting better at giving them work that doesn't bore them, and they're getting better about doing work.

I'm trying to fit sewing in where I can. Haven't really made a lot of worthwhile progress. Maybe over the weekend?

6 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

So...are you Calvin or Hobbes?

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about school routines. I'm hoping to get back on track Monday!!!

Presbytera said...

Sewing? I did manage to unpack my new machine but now that school is in session, that sucks up more than 20 hours a week....I think that's my sewing time : )

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Life just seems to get busier and busier. How can we fit it all in? For you it's sewing, for me it's scrapbooking. I'm determined to make Baby Boys book as nice as Darling Daughters but where am I going to find the time? I haven't even gone back to work yet.

Good luck! :-)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Scottius, with my daughters' capacity for troublemaking, sometimes I feel like Calvin's mom! But I guess I'm more like Hobbes; I love to relax and "be cool" whenever I can.

Sniz, here's to Monday!

Presbytera, I'm really looking forward to hearing about your adventures with your new machine, too!

DMG, I never did fill out 2nd daughter's baby book as thoroughly as I did 1st. :(

Consecutive Odds said...

Barb, what a cool idea, having your daughter take Latin from your Pastor!