Monday, July 02, 2007

Seizing the Day

After too long of a time away, I finally really got into my sewing room again, and made a bathing suit top for my eldest daughter. I make their own bathing suits, two-piece but modest (they have to be approved by Daddy.) Although not as modest as these. I think those are a bit over the top, and at that point, you might as well go retro and just do a turn-of-the-century style. Folkwear makes a pattern. Come to think of it, after two pregnancies, I wouldn't mind that style for me... Anyway, it's off to the pool!

Before I go, though, just a quick goodbye to Grover. Most of us were rather fond of him during his tenure(s) here with the Tribe. I hope retirement brings him happiness, and that he's not being pushed out for any of the nefarious reasons listed in the article.

2 comments:

skatey katie said...

way to go barb, you are so clever X

Elephantschild said...

Good for you to take on swimsuits. My rotten little serger won't handle *any* knits. It would probably grow legs and run down the street screaming if I got anywhere near it with double-knit jersey or clear elastic. Sigh. I guess I should just suck it up and do it the old-fashioned way on my Singer, with the 3-step zig-zag... but that looks more home-made... Ah, someday.

Those "Wholesome Wear" swimsuits are a scream. Yikes. I'm imagining the work involved in making a trip to the little ladies room during a day out at the lake - what a lot of work!