Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ice Cream Weekend

Turns out today was National Ice Cream Day, which was very fitting, considering the kind of weekend we had. Yesterday, my husband took the family to Mitchell's for my birthday. I had the double chocolate chunk ice cream, with really creamy chocolate chunks, in case you're wondering. Later on, Wildchild was playing with a friend and got an invitation to go to Mootown Creamery with a friend, so it was a two-ice-cream-day for her.

Today, Wildchild's friend, the soon-to-be-kindergartener, came over to play, and we had ice cream for dessert after dinner. After Wildchild and I took her friend home, we were going to head over to my friend Presbytera's to drop off some things of hers, and she called and told me they were going out for ice cream and invited us along. How could I say no?? So a big group ended up going out for ice cream. And my husband, not to be left out, took the Scientist to Mootown. Which apparently is like Cold Stone Creamery, only less expensive and bigger servings. Just so you know.

Also cool, Wildchild and I saw two bucks right around the corner from the Presbytera and Chaplain's place on the way home.

No comments: