Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Politics Killed the Radio Star

Just wanted to rant about radio stations here in Cleveland. I used to listen to WTAM 1100 on the AM, and 106.5 on the FM dials, exclusively. I got tired of 106.5 because of a subtle bias I perceived in some of their music choices (sorry, I don't think America is evil), and because frankly I can only hang out so long in the shallow world of pop anyway. Although I always enjoy an 80's jam! Then 1100 traded Glenn Beck for ratings shares in the basement because of their personal belief systems. Hey, whatever. I found out that there are other decent radio stations out there! Still, I enjoy Sportsline on 1100, except for the commericals promoting their morning show. I don't want to hear vicious political attacks interjected in my sports talk! Attacks aimed not at the incorrect actions of one person, but at an entire worldview, some of which I happen to agree with. I don't want to feel I'm being personally attacked because I don't buy into your belief system, thank you. When I want sports talk you can keep your radio station's political leanings to yourselves! Ptui!

No comments: