Saturday, June 23, 2018

Lunch by the River

Last Friday, I met a friend of mine for lunch at Margaritaville in the Flats, in downtown Cleveland.
The Flats are so called because they're lower than the rest of downtown. They're the shores of the Cuyahoga River. For a long time, the Flats were mainly for the loading or unloading big cargo ships that still traverse Lake Erie and dock at the port of Cleveland. But a few decades ago, developers started putting restaurants, bars and entertainment venues in. The Nautica Queen is a pleasure boat that cruises up and down the river, and can go out on the lake when the weather is appropriate. The Dancer had her senior prom on the Nautica Queen.
Parking is convenient, and was only $4 for the lunch crowd.
Down the street from Margaritaville is the river.
On the west bank of the Flats is one of the older bars, Shooters.
I have no idea what it costs to be able to dock your boat or jet ski in the Flats. You can see the Nautica Queen side on and head on in the two pictures below.

This is the best shot I got of the Nautica concert stage, and the Powerhouse building, which now contains several restaurants and entertainment venues, plus the Cleveland aquarium.
I think I need to get Mr. BTEG to take me down to the Flats again before the bad fall weather sets in. :)

2 comments:

jane s. said...

HI BTEG! ��

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hey Jane! Sorry that it's taken my so long to get back to you. This weekend was a little bit weird. I hope that you are doing well. We're okay; Mr. BTEG is working from home for the forseeable future, and both of my kids are working too. I should put up a new what's-going-on-with-BTEG post.