Monday, October 16, 2006

(Wo)man Plans...

God laughs. Well, okay, I don't think God is laughing that my sniffles yesterday turned into a body-aches, stuffy ears cold and I feel like death warmed over today. But the main idea behind that quote is true, that I had a big day planned and now I will be happy to get the basics of school, dishes and laundry done. Fortunately, my girls are big enough to help. The Scientist made pasta for lunch, and thawed a bag of meat sauce that my husband had made up ahead of time. She can also start the washing machine! Then it's back to gently reminding them to do their school assignments. At least for the first five times.

4 comments:

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

well I hope you feel better, I bet it helps out alot that the girls are older.

When ever I want to sleep in my oldest will get up with big boy and get him dressed and feed him breakfast.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Barb, I hope you are feeling better soon! That's great that your girls can help out! Our son is great at helping too!! Get some rest! :)

Marie N. said...

Feel better soon -- hope to see you Wednesday!

skatey katie said...

huge love to you chick.
and a great big bottle of liquid echinacea.
you are amazing "doing school" when you're feeling so naff.
i plug in the dvd player and let it rock xx