Monday, October 09, 2006

Pizza, Redux

Whew! I've been busy lately! I've finally got a chance to take a little bit of a breather today, but only a little one. There's school to teach, and shopping to do, and sewing to be done, and of course a house to be cleaned. (That one never seems to go away!)

Yesterday was very full, as we attended church, witnessed the baptism of the infant granddaughter of Presbytera (and the prefers-to-stay-semi-anonymous Presbyter), and had a fun time afterwards at a luncheon at church in honor of this new member of God's family! Then we went and spent some time with my sister-in-law, and her husband who had come up to visit for the weekend. This is where the pizza comes in. We went to the fancy-shmancy shopping area, Crocker Park, and had an early dinner at the Brio Tuscan Grille. A very nice place. Children receive a little plate with some raw pizza dough to play with while they are waiting for their food. When we ordered our meals, my husband jokingly requested some sauce, some mozzerella and 400 degrees. Well, the waiter came back with a little plate of pizza sauce and shredded mozzerella, and the girls made their own little mini-pizzas, then ate them after the waiter had taken them to be cooked. It was very enjoyable. The waiter definitely earned his generous tip, especially when he brought some fresh napkins and club soda after Wildchild accidentally spilled the remainder of her frozen strawberry lemonade on her dress when we were near departure.

Go Cards! :)

6 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

Thank you for your support! It's been fun and it's most appreciated! You may have tipped the unpredictable scales of baseball to our side, and are perhaps our ticket to victory!

I shall remember this should the Indians do a turnabout next year.

Admin said...

Go Mets! Sorry, but I had to get in that plug for my team. It's like being a Cubs fan . . . long suffering fans finally sniff a chance at the World Series.

Even I admit to occasionally eating pizza, but it's nowhere near the top of my list. Nor is chicken. Mom couldn't understand why I didn't want to stay yesterday to eat nuked-over pre-packaged grilled chicken strips with them for dinner. Rubber chicken? No, thanks! Besides, I'd eaten a slice of pizza an hour and a half before I stopped by their house. I was not hungry.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Scottius, if I could make a difference, I think the Indians would still be in the running too. But I'm glad you appreciate the support. :)

Laughing Frog, you can't tell a Cleveland fan anything new about being a long-suffering fan. :) My husband is Italian, I have two kids, we eat pizza. It all goes together! Besides, we usually make stuff from scratch, or as close to it as possible. No nuked-over pre-packaged stuff for us!

Marie N. said...

That is great service you got! I have not been to Crocker Park yet, or that restaurant. Some time...

skatey katie said...

wow
i *love* that make-your-own-pizzas idea.
such fun!!!!!!!
i have fond memories of making bread while holidaying on our cousin's boat... now my kids are squishing dough.
it's a very communal feeling lol

Chris said...

Go CARDS! AMEN! :-)