Sunday, November 27, 2016

Starting Anew

I find that I love beginnings, of the year, month, even week. It gives me motivation and opportunity to look at my goals, and try to improve my habits to get to where I want to be. I've learned over the years not to try to make huge changes, but to move a little bit in the direction that I want to go. Once I get that in place, I can move on to a further step. Although this is the beginning of a new week, for liturgical Christians, it is also the start of a new church year. This is the first Sunday in Advent, a penitential season leading up to the feast of Christmas. It's definitely not the time to make grandiose proclamations about being a saint in future, but if God's mercies are new every morning, then it can be possible to make a new start!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi BTEG.

j.s.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hi! Glad you stopped by. Hope you're doing well. I'm a little bit worried about our mutual acquaintance, Kate Kiwi, after the earthquake in New Zealand. I hope she and her family got through it okay.

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at kate5kiwis in a long time.

BTW, if it weren't for kate5kiwis, I would never have watched "Master of Disguise." LOL.

How much snow in The Land of Cleves? We have some, not a lot.

j.s.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Here on the west side, we've mostly gotten a dusting thus far. The east side always gets more. Judging by the snow I've seen on top of cars driving over from the east side, it looks like they've gotten an inch or so. :)