Friday, May 04, 2012

Enjoy the Silence

For me, one of the best things about being a stay-at-home mom is the deep silence that can be found when the kids are at school. The only noises I can hear right now are birds singing outside, the snoring of one of our cats soundly asleep on the couch, and the hum of some sort of motor outside. It sounds like someone is getting carpets cleaned or something similar. I suspect only an introvert can enjoy so much quiet on a daily basis, but I think we all need a little peace and quiet at times, to think our own thoughts, make plans and dream dreams.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I loved the silence, but it made the return of three perfectly normal elementary school children perfectly hideous as I don't do change of any sort very well. Having them at home all day, every day is actually *easier* on my nerves than the change from silence to noise.